So this was a simple yet effective DIY. It was a piece that I made myself with the help of family members and it cost next to nothing as we already had the essentials needed. Not only that, but it made such a big difference in the overall feel of the wedding decor and also kept everyone on schedule for the day. So I would highly recommend DIY'ing this for your own weddings or even other events like birthday parties.
1. The first thing to do is to get hold of a wooden palette. You can get these in various places like your local industrial estate and factories, some shops may even have these out back so it is always worth asking.
2. As our palette had uneven gaps between the wooden slats, we took the slats off and repositioned them. Try to find a palette that doesn't need this work done and has big enough gaps and big enough wooden slats. This will save you so much time and effort.
3. To give the palette a more worn and rustic look we varnished it with a dark oaky wood stain.
4. After confirming your schedule on paper first, find someone who has fancy handwriting. In my case this was my dad, and ask them very nicely to write up the schedule with white paint onto the wooden palette. If you have no-one that has fancy writing then these fancy stencils from hobby-craft are a great shout.
5. Lastly, on the wedding night, wrap some outdoor fairy-lights around the palette and let it sparkle through your special night
There you have it. It really is as simple as 1,2,3. It is simple, it is time consuming, and it is sooo worth it. I hope this short tutorial helped you and that the pictures from my wedding has given you some inspiration! Please feel free to like and share this post!